To read or download the pdf version of this report, use one of these two buttons:
2022 Report, EFCA Central District Annual Conference
The Central District Church Planting Board is grateful to the Lord for how He was at work in 2021. It is a joy to see how God is actively multiplying churches among us. Here are a few highlights from the last year:
The Church Planting Board prioritized getting together for a team-retreat in August of 2021. We were all able to gather in the Kansas City area for a couple days of vision-casting, dreaming, and organizing our thoughts around the mission we have been called to. This was a very valuable time for us as a team. We left those days excited to see the Lord raise up ‘Life-Giving Churches’ who are ready to join the work of church multiplication!
Out of that time together we also saw the need to:
- Prioritize prayer and raise up a team from across the Central District to pray for areas in our District who need a strong Gospel-influence
- Review our policy manual and make updates
- Refresh our approach to meeting together as a team; we are quite spread-out as a team—we desire to meet twice a year via Zoom and twice a year in-person
The Church Planting Board, and the District as a whole, owes a deep debt of gratitude to our Multiplication Staff: Brad Wos, Paul Bauman, and Todd Brooks. We encourage you to read their reports to see how God has used them in our District in the last year. In 2021, these men sacrificially gave themselves to meeting with pastors, encouraging Elder boards, comforting leaders in trial, exploring multiplication, and pursuing further steps of church planting. We thank these three men for their service for the Lord! This year we especially want to thank Paul Bauman, who is transitioning out of his role as Church Multiplication Director in Iowa and South Dakota. Paul has been a blessing to work with; we as a Board will miss him but fully support the way the Lord is leading him in this season. We are also excited to welcome Mark Farran into this same role in 2022. Mark has served with us on the Board in the last year, and we are confident that the Lord will use him to encourage the growth of Life-Giving Churches who multiply. We as a Board also want to thank our District Superintendent Mike Shields, who brings vision and encouragement to our Board meetings. We believe that Mike’s passion to help raise up Life-Giving churches will result in an active church multiplication endeavor throughout the Central District!
Some specific things we enjoyed seeing the Lord do this past year included:
- Anchor Church in Hot Springs, Arkansas becoming a ‘staff approved project’
- Greenbelt Church in Clive, Iowa becoming a ‘Board-approved project’
- Receiving special-designated funds for a future church plant in northwest, Iowa and deciding to prayerfully look for bi-vocational planters there
- Hearing that there are other churches in Iowa who will soon be seeking to be member churches
- Hearing that there are churches in our District who are beginning the process of seeking to plant
- Seeing the numerous churches and individuals in our District who are cultivating a heart for multi-cultural ministry!
Finally, I want to thank the members of the Church Planting Board in 2021: Mark Farran, Laura Calys, Bruce Boehmer, Ken Sidey, and Mary Lou McDowell. We appreciate how these individuals gave of their time and served the District this past year!
May the Lord continue to develop Life-Giving Churches among us…that have a vision and passion to multiply!
New Life EFC, Tama/Toledo, Iowa
Church Planting Board Chairman